Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Welcome, Joi Copeland, author of Letters of Love!


Joi Copeland is married to a wonderful man, Chris, and has three amazing boys, Garrison, Gage, and Gavin. She is living the dream in beautiful Denver, Colorado. Joi loves being a wife and mom! She enjoys spending time with her sister Steffanne, and loves to sit and have a cup of coffee or tea with friends! She's been a Christian for over twenty years. Following Jesus has been the best decision she has ever made. Joi's other books are Hope for Tomorrow, Hope for the Journey, Christmas Rayne, and Sheriff Bride Rob's Story. 



What inspired you to write this novel, Joi?

I wrote this novel because of my grandparents. They are an amazing couple and 91 years young! I love them dearly. As it turns out, my Nana was telling me about letters my Papa wrote her while he was stationed in WWII in China. I asked her if I could have those as my inheritance. She agreed, and as I was reading them, I knew I'd write a novel based on them.

What is one fun thing my readers might not know about you?


I cannot do anything in a straight line! Absolutely nothing! I can't write, draw, drive, or even walk straight. I wish I could say sewing is the one exception, but it's not, sadly. I don't do a lot of that for that simple reason.


Visit Joi's author page on Amazon.

~~

Leave a comment and enter to win a copy of Joi's ebook, 
Letters of Love!

8 comments:

chappydebbie said...

Hello, Joi, nice to meet you. You have a very interesting first name. Is it pronounced like Joy?
Your grandparents are 91 years young? Amazing...love them all you can. I lost both sets of grandparents when I was young. No worries about not doing anything in a straight line...it just makes life more interesting.
God bless.

Eileen Rife said...

I lost two of my grandparents before I was born, then the other two when I was young. I didn't know what it was to have grandparents dote over me. I think that's made me all the more determined to leave a lasting memory for my six grandchildren.

Books by Joi Copeland said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for leaving a comment! Yep, my name is pronounced like Joy. I often tease that my parents can't spell, but truth be told, I was named after my dad's youngest sister who died. I adore my grandparents. They really are 91 this year. Actually, my grandfather was the one who told me I had to have the book finished and published by his birthday in March. I'm sorry to hear about your grandparents' passing when you were young. I don't know what I am going to do without them when they pass. :( If you're on facebook, look me up! I'd love to friend you!
Oh, Eileen, how sad! What a blessing you must be to your grandchildren! I my grandparents have 8 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren! They often brag about that. :)

Eileen Rife said...

Wow 8 grandchildren and 14 greats! Whoo-hoo! I suspect my children will also be adopting. Since she was five, my youngest has wanted to adopt a little Chinese girl. She's never lost that desire. She and her husband and two-year-old Gabriel are preparing to minister in Southeast Asia where they will likely adopt. So I'm looking for more grandkids down the road. :)

chappydebbie said...

Eileen, losing my grandparents at a young age is the main reason I do so much for my granchildren. I want to leave behind a lot of loving memories for them. I keep scrapbooks, journals and Bibles for them to receive one day.
Joi, I will look you up on Facebook!

Diana Montgomery said...

Hi Joi! Our grandparents leave us a lot. How neat is it the letters. I have collected all the letters from the last 37 years we have been together. There is a story in those to from all the years of love and struggles. Might not be a book written about us but they will be able to get to know us through these. I'm a big collector on that cards and pictures. That's history. I would love to win this book thanks for the chance.
Blessings,
Diana Montgomery
joeym11@frontier.com

Books by Joi Copeland said...

Hi Diana, Thanks for leaving the comment! It's amazing what the grandkids will find in those letters! I found some hilarious things I didn't even share in the book from those letters. :)
Eileen, my hubby and I thought about adopting. I'd love to have a little black baby! :) But we'd like to get out of debt first. Bet you're going to miss them when they leave, huh? My sis and her family were in Kenya for 2 1/2 years. I missed them so much!
Debbie, how neat that you do that!

Eileen Rife said...

My oldest and family (along with three red-headed grandchildren) serve in fulltime missions in India. So we are a family of missionaries. The Lord was sweet to give us a middle daughter whose family serves with a Christian inner city teen ministry right here in our hometown. Yeah!

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...