Monday, June 15, 2015

December Sunrise Book Launch! FREE BOOK!

A little girl’s Christmas wish comes at a high cost.

Emma’s Christmas list isn’t like other kids’. Instead of toys, she wants her mama’s cancer to go away, the town to stop arguing over the Ten Commandments, and nice Mr. Whitmire to reunite with his estranged daughter. Grandma Doreen holds the key to a family secret that just might fulfill some of Emma’s desires, but not before tragedy strikes.

A young girl’s heart for helping takes her to a dark place only the Light of Christmas can illumine. 

~~


When the Sandy Hook shootings occurred in December, 2012, I thought, How could I craft a story that might encourage parents? The answer came when I decided to write December Sunrise from the viewpoint of a deceased child. My goal was to offer hope in a beautiful world beyond where murdered children frolicked and laughed and prayed for their families on earth. 

As I brainstormed the plot, I wondered what secondary issue I could introduce that would divide a small, southern town. It suddenly occurred to me that the town in which I grew up had experienced such a thing a few years ago, and thus Mr. Whitmire and the conflict over the Ten Commandments was birthed. 

My prayer is that families will read and discuss this story together. In an age where so many of us are caught up with Facebook, individual computer games, and television, what a refreshing thought to imagine families huddled together reading and processing various life issues. Even the very young have wisdom to offer.

I also pray that church leaders and Christian teachers and parents will renew their passion to not only train children/teens about what to believe but also why they believe what they believe. This is crucial if we hope to see the next generation carry Christ to the world. 

Stop by my event page and enter to win a copy! Winner announced on Friday, June 19.


 

1 comment:

Eileen Rife said...

Congratulations, Amanda K Griggs Peterson, winner of December Sunrise!

A Grandchild's Lavish Love

  I sat in the church pew with a shredded heart. The week had been tough on multiple fronts, emotion running high, mostly over the injustic...